I’m very excited to announce that I was nominated for the 2017 Liebster Award!
The Liebster award was created in 2011. “Liebster” is derived from the German word meaning ‘beloved.’ This award was created for bloggers to recognize other bloggers on the internet. The award was created as good intentions to help smaller, newer blogs succeed.
First I would like to thank Bernice Ruth of Bearer of Victory! That was very sweet of her to nominate me! She had a large list of great bloggers to chose from.
So Now I will share some things about us and answer questions provided by Bernice.
11 Facts about us:
1. Greg is 15 years older than me.
2. I am 15 years older than Holosexual Triceratops.
3. Combined we have 9 college degrees. Hopefully one day 10!
4. I am obsessed with Monster Trucks.
5. Greg is obsessed with cats.
6. In the past 24 months we’ve moved a combined 7 times.
7. I love osteology.
8. We drink enough coffee to keep a coffee shop in business.
9. Together we were the first college to get the Mcor Arke 3D printer in the USA (Not job security though, fyi).
10. We love concerts.
11. 99.98% of the time Greg has no idea which video game console I’m talking about. This one’s just cute.
11 Questions from Bearer of Victory:
1. When did you start blogging?
I started blogging just over 1 month ago.
2. How would you want your blog to succeed for the year 2018?
My goal is to be able to blog as a part-time job and relieve some of the stress from being laid off.
3. Apart from blogging, what do you do?
I am an instructor/lab coordinator in a biology department. Until my contract is up this summer.
I’m also an Uber driver and soon to be real estate agent (I just need to take the test).
4. How do you feel to be nominated in the Liebster Award?
I was very honored and excited!
5. What inspires you to blog everyday?
Together we know a little bit about everything and want to share our knowledge with the world.
6. What is your blog all about?
This blog is about everything! Ways to save money, diy, fitness tips, college success tips, teaching, and renovation of our home.
7. Anything you want to do and you haven’t tried yet? What is it?
Yes, I want to go stay in a bungalow over the ocean in Maldives. I also want to see the Aurora Borealis in Alaska or Finland. I want to see the Milky Way. I also want to live 100% off the grid and survive the/an apocalypse. This is a long list. =)
8. Where are you headed to this Christmas?
We stayed home and relaxed.
9. Who motivates you the most?
10. What is number 1 on your 2018 bucket list?
Get out of the country! I haven’t traveled out of the states in such a long time!
11. What is your craziest memory?
That’s a good question! I have such a horrible memory.
THE OFFICIAL RULES OF THE LIEBSTER AWARD:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster Award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- What’s your life goal?
- What countries have you visited?
- Have you ever traveled to West Virginia?
- What’s your day job?
- Do you have a pet? Please tell us all about him/her.
- What’s your favorite hobby?
- Did you make a 2018 resolution? Please share.
- What’s the weather where you live?
- Have you ever taken an Uber?
- Would you ever go outside of your comfort zone?
- Are you excited to be nominated?
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
If you are not nominated but want to answer the questions above, feel free to put your comments!